CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baby Sister

We have several friends with new babies. Todd & Michelle's "Baby JJ" came on August 3, and Holly & Dan's "Baby See-nana" (Sienna) was born yesterday. Sara has decided that she wants a baby sister at our house. As we were leaving the hospital tonight after visiting The Dixons, Sara came up with a brilliant plan.

Sara: Can we have a baby sister come to our house after we are all done with Blake?
Bryan: What will we do with Blake when we are all done with him? Give him away?
Sara: Yes.
Bryan: Who should we give him to?
Me: Should we give him to the garbage man?
Sara: No...we can just leave him in that car. (pointing to a car in the parking lot)
Bryan: But what will happen to Blake? We can't just leave him in the car.
Sara: If we leave him, they will just take care of him.

Poor Blake! And Poor Sara for that matter. She is going to have to wait for a while before we have a baby at our house. However, it is so much fun to watch her love these newborn babies.

5 comments:

Crystal + Steve said...

So cute! I love this little girl! Some of the things that come out of her mouth just crack me up. By-the-way aren't you glad that now that I have a blog I can finally leave some comments for you! Sweet huh?!

Melissa and Doug said...

That is so funny, kids certainly say the funniest things.

Rebecca said...

That is the greatest little conversation. Just go for it # 3 can't be that hard. haha. I just love little Sara she can come over anytime she wants. And don't leave Blake in a car please.

Dixons said...

I love this story!!! So classic! I can't wait to share it with Dan. Thanks for the visit and the adorable bracelet. She wore it home from the hospital!

Michelle Lewis Trane said...

That is awesome. I love the simple minds of children, and how easily they can solve a complex problem. She is so cute!!