CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cascade Springs

On July 25 we went on an outing to Cascade Springs. It ended up being a larger group than I expected and was a ton of fun. Grandma was watching Lexie and Kennadi while Ang and Jason were in Hawaii. Jen & Jason brought their brood: Kelsie, Rachel, Brinlee, Austin, Katelyn, and Kyle. Christine was in town with Leslie, Shane, Conner, and Trent. Summer came too with Caleb and Cassie. Yes, that's right there were 6 adults and 16 kids. Quite the little group!
We "hiked" all around the springs, saw fish, tromped on bridges, looked at the butterflies, and thoroughly enjoyed the drinking fountains. I pointed out the spot where Bryan first told me he loved me and later in our courtship proposed. Then we went down the canyon to find a picnic spot. We found a spot along the river that the kids loved. Grandma had packed lunch for everyone. We had lunchmeat sandwiches, grapes, chips and drinks. The kids had a blast. Blake's favorite part was throwing rocks in the river. I need to get a pic from Jen that I can post. He was filthy and even tried to eat the rocks. I can't tell you how many rocks I took out of his mouth. He is definitely a boy. We had so much fun.

2 comments:

Melissa and Doug said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time at Cascade Springs. For some reason I forgot that was where Bryan proposed. I haven't been there in years. Where did you get that backpack you have for Blake?

lulu said...

We got it at REI. Actually, it was Bryan's first Father's Day gift.