Tonight we went on a ride to the cabin for family night. Sara was very vocal about not wanting to go, until she realized that we were going to the "castle" where her bed will be. Bryan had told her about the loft that they have been working on. There has been some significant progress on the cabin since our last visit. The stairs to the second floor are half done, the 3 balcony decking is done, fireplace framed in, upstairs and basement exterior doors installed, and Sara's absolute favorite . . . the loft. The kids had fun running around and making piles out of sawdust.
Before we left we went to the playground. Sara and Blake learned how to "spider swing" with Bryan and I. It was so fun to see their faces as we would swing higher and higher. Sara and I raced on the basketball court and she was thrilled to discover that she could touch the basketball net. Blake raced around the tennis court as Bryan made plans for the Washington Family Reunion . . . couples tennis tournament. As we were about to leave the moon was rising over the mountain. I pointed it out to Sara and asked if she knew what it was. Her first guess was a fire, then a ladybug as it got larger. When about 3/4 of the moon was showing she exclaimed, "It's the moon!" We are greatly anticipating weekend cabin trips. Can't wait until it is done!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE HOW SWEET YOUR SARA IS! SHE SEEMS TO BE SO ANIMATED. LETS PLAN ANOTHER GET TOGETHER WITH US GIRLS :)
that sounds so fun. Can't wait for our weekend getaways haha. I love Sara's little conversations.
Post a Comment