For Bryan's birthday he only had one request: a family trip to the cabin.
Keep in mind that it is still under construction.
On our way, I remembered that the 4WD on the truck just went out. I got a little nervous. We had some trouble making it up the snowy, icy road and finally endded up stuck in the bank of snow that was 6" below my window. We had to carry the kids and walk to the cabin. With the windchill it was -10 degrees. Luckily we only had to walk about 1/2 mile.
Keep in mind that it is still under construction.
On our way, I remembered that the 4WD on the truck just went out. I got a little nervous. We had some trouble making it up the snowy, icy road and finally endded up stuck in the bank of snow that was 6" below my window. We had to carry the kids and walk to the cabin. With the windchill it was -10 degrees. Luckily we only had to walk about 1/2 mile.
The cabin has no electricity, furnace, plumbing yet. So we got to the cabin and Blake was hysterical. There is one room in the basement that is insulated on 3 walls, has a wood burning stove, a carpet piece, and a plywood temporary wall. Bryan brought in a lamp, started the fire, then headed back to the truck.
I set up the portable DVD player. The room heated up quickly, Blake calmed down, and the kids watched Toy Story. Bryan made it back as the movie was wrapping up. We played a game of Cootie, then put in The Fox in the Hound to watch as we fell asleep. There is not much to do to keep the attention of the kids while they are confined to one room.
Bryan's dad, Todd, and Jason Hall woke us up the next morning with a Ding-Dong for Bryan's birthday and McD's for breakfast. I went home with the kids and Bryan stayed with the guys to work.Bryan, hope you had a great birthday. It was quite the adventure, but we are not going to have another family sleepover at the cabin until it retains heat and there are railings on the stairs and on the loft.

0 comments:
Post a Comment