CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bees, Bees, Bees

Bryan spent all day Saturday hiving bees. He got the kids involved a little by showing them a drone. They are the males of the hive and have no stingers. Did you know that the bees that fly out to get the pollen are all female. Anyway, Blake absolutely loved the bees. In fact he let this one crawl all over his hand. When Bryan decided that Blake was done, Blake grabbed it back. I'm not sure that it is such a great idea to have my two-year-old fearless of bees.
I guess only time will tell.
*UPDATE - Blake got stung on 4/23. Naughty bee!
Sara was a little more hesitant.

Sara with a tight grip on her "beautiful sunflowers." Pick all of those you want sweetie. Just leave my tulips and hyacinths alone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

makes me wish I had a hive

Anonymous said...

http://www.piecenquilt.blogspot.com/ is Natalia's blog

http://www.piecenquilt.com/ is her web site.

Do you want permission to see her normal blog?