CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Cake & The Party

Blake has been obsessed with "choo-choo trains" lately. So I decided to make him a train cake. I think it turned out pretty cute. This is, by far, the best cake I've made to date.Needless to say, he loved it.

It was tricky to keep him from snitching candy off of it all day long. And several times I found Sara and Blake playing "birthday party." She would sing Happy Birthday to Blake and he would sing along. At the end of the song he would "blow out the candles." He was so excited for his party. This was taken about 15 minutes before the guests arrived.
He was one happy boy as he opened presents.

When it came time to blow out the candles he tried, and tried, and tried. When someone told him to spit on the cake, he even tried that (ew). Finally, Uncle Jason L. helped him blow them out. The kids had fun choosing what color of cake and which candy topping they wanted.
This is his new bike from Grandma and Grandpa. Uncle Todd put it together while he was opening his other presents.
After everyone left, Uncle Toddy stayed to play a game. Sara was so proud of this "beautiful necklace" she made for him. He is such a great uncle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable cake!! You did such a good job! Looks like a good day was had by all!

Renae said...

You are amazing!! That cake is awesome . . . Looks like he had a great time :).

Sarah Sunshine said...

that cake looks AWESOME! man i want a piece...

Michelle Lewis Trane said...

Wow, It has been a while since I have blogged. I can't belive Blake is two! He is adorable!

Great Job on the cake!!!

We need to get together, Todd and I are as crazy as ever. sorry about the other day when I was headed to work. Call me and we can get the kids together during the day sometime! I am trying to fiqure out a time to have a BBQ so stay tuned!