CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bess Fend

My heart smiled.
Today while Sara was at Joy School, Blake and I ran some errands. He was incredibly talkative as the told me about his toys, animals, the cabin, etc.
The topic switched to friends. He would say, "I no like Kyle. He mean to me. I no like Rachel. She mean to me." I played defense, "No, Kyle is your cousin and a fun friend. Do you like to play with him?" This is when he would realize, "Yeah, Kyle my fend."
Something about a "bess fend" came out, but I couldn't quite make it out. When I asked him if he had a best friend he said, "Yeah." When I asked him who his best friend is he paused thoughtfully, "Sawa my bess fend." I asked him again and he was very emphatic, "SAWA my bess fend."Oh little one, I sure hope that you can your big sister can remain a best friend throughout your life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so sweet and wonderful, Jon was my best friend growing up.

Renae said...

That's adorable. Those moments almost make the fighting-over-toy moments worth it. :) Love ya Lara!!