CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sara at the Grocery Store

The other day we were at the grocery store and Sara spotted a baby in a carrier with her mom. Immediately she starts commenting not so quietly.
"Oh Mommy, do you see that cute baby girl?
She is so cute.
Mommy Look at that cute baby girl."
I quietly agree with her, hoping to deter her. However, she continues fawning over the baby girl.

As we pass, the mother of the baby girl leans over to Sara and says, "Do you know you are a very cute girl, too?"
Sara responds, "Thank you."
"She really wants a baby sister, " I explain.
After I make small talk with the mother Sara hopefully asks, "Can I say a prayer to ask Heavenly Father for a baby sister?"
"Of course you can," I respond.

So, sitting in the cart Sara immediately folds her arms, bows her head and begins,
"Dear Heavenly Father thank you for this day . . . "