However, he refused to put anything solid in the potty. He saved that special treat for his diapers during nap time or for me to clean out of his underpants. About a week ago we went to the dollar store and Blake got to pick out about 8 different prizes including a Spiderman watch and kite, notepads, Cars pencils, an Astro Boy action figure, etc. I told him that each time he poops in the potty he will get to pick a prize from the basket. As desperately as he has wanted those toys, he still refused to do what was needed . . . until today.
This afternoon Blake called out from the bathroom, "Mom, I maked a snake."
I cannot tell you how excited I was. He chose his Astro Boy toy then promptly decided that he wanted his kite. So he went to the bathroom to try again. When Bryan came home from work he told Blake that we were going to go out to dinner to celebrate and that Blake could choose anywhere he wanted. Usually that is safe for us. Our kids tend to pick our favorite Chinese restaurant. However, tonight he wanted to go "where a kid can be a kid." Yes, that's right, we went to Chucky Cheese.
Great job Blake! Keep it up because I'm sick of cleaning out poopy underpants!

2 comments:
Awesome! Congrats, Lara and Blake! That is a cute story. I love your kids a lot, they are such little darlings.
AAH I hate potty training!! Both of my kids had this fear of pooping. It was a nightmare. I am glad that Blake is making snakes.
Oh and your dinner you made us was delicious. Thank you so much! I need to get you your dish back. You are too sweet.
Post a Comment