On May 4th Blake got stung by a bee on the forehead. This sting is above his left eye, by his hairline. It happened around 4:00 pm. I gave him Benadryl and we iced it and thought nothing more of it. He had a small amount of swelling, but nothing concerning.
The next afternoon he had been outside playing at the Lott's and when he came inside he looked like a Klingon - Star Trek character. The swelling was contained between the middle of each eyebrow and there was slight swelling on his eyelids. I gave him some more Benadryl and he had a nap.
When he woke up the swelling had spread even more. Oh, my poor boy. The swelling now reached the outside of each eyebrow. I took him to see Kari, an InstaCare nurse. She said that the swelling was normal but to give him Ibuprofen to help with the swelling. Luckily this was the worst of it.
He did not like me taking his picture.
These pictures do not do it justice.
My poor boy. I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time when I would look at him. Luckily it didn't bother him at all.
The next day the swelling on his forehead was nearly gone. However, his eyes were almost swollen shut.
The day after that, the 4th day his eyelids were only slightly swollen. He looked pretty normal for his birthday party.

1 comments:
Poor Blake! You're right the pictures probably don't do it justice but at least it didn't bother him too much.
Post a Comment